Well, today started of busy and it’s busy all day except for my little break now! But such a good good day! So we started off with the medical camp. I was running late, yet it was fine cause they were running later :) I love being in Cambodia!! No worries about being on time! Works well for me!! You can take time for the last minute people and things without feeling bad or pressured! And no one cares that you are late! I made it late to the lunch appt and so did my lunch date! We arrived at the same time and we are both Americans :)
So we did the medical outreach with the local government officials. At first we got there and it seemed like no one was even expecting us. So I just sat on the chair they offered and smiled at the women who smiled back and were super happy. Then they gave us a real office and I got the “special chair” and they started trickling in – one by one at first and then they started lining up for me to see them. I don’t think we saw more then 10, but since they were all with translation and I treated them like my American patients not bad for 3 hours work.
I asked the first one if I could pray and that I was Christian. By the end they were waiting for prayer. That seemed to make them happier than anything else! Praise God! I could tell Michael was a little scared when I first started, but even the head guy was happy to get prayer and after that I could see him totally relaxed :) so I will be back in 2 weeks to do follow up and need to do some research on PT stuff! Here I thought I had given up medicine for a bit and it looks like a Christian hospital might want my services and so I am meeting them tonight :)
I loved the people at the clinic. They were all so sweet and cute and adorable ;) and although they are rich, I didn’t mind treating them for free at all J I am really looking forward to seeing them again!
After that I met up with my world vision contact. I wasn’t sure she’d be able to do it cause clinic went so long, but it ended up being perfect timing for the both of us. Our meeting started out as usual, but by the end I was invited to her house for dinner when she returns from her vacation! YAY! Another friend and she was a wealth of information about how to buy food! And it seems like there is a $5 dollar unlimited internet for the iphone!
Went bank shopping after that! I am glad Michael understands my heart better than what I say. I said not to go but on the way decided I did want to go but figured it was too late to change my mind, but we ended up there anyways! :) God is good!
Headed home after that and I was happy! The day before Michael had wanted to stay out in town so I figured we would do that again and go home after his English class. In fact I had already told the Rheas that they would have to pick me up from his school for dinner because I would be there. So I was super happy to come home and get a chance to just rest a little and change out of my hot jeans into something cooler! I love how God takes of us so well.
Dinner was Italian. We were supposed to go to Chinese but it got changed! YAY! So I was happy! The food wasn’t bad either and not as expensive as I thought it would be and it was 30% off! So I ended up paying less for all 5 of us than I did for the 3 of us at lunch and the food was much better! Got invited to another meeting for tomorrow! I thought I had the day off, but no :) So I will be meeting doctors from a certain Christian hospital on Friday – my 12:30
On the way back Michael called. He said there was a woman with a 3 month old and a 3 year old sleeping outside on the sidewalk near his old house. He wanted to know if I would help her. I don’t know what to do about her. I would love to take her in but I don’t have a house yet. I don’t know enough about the NGO’s here to get her plugged in anywhere so… what to do…
God is so good. I am super tired. It’s been less than a week but already sooo much has happened. The clinic was a huge success. I feel like I have been in Cambodia forever and feel at home. The meetings all bear so much fruit and I am meeting such cool people and I simply love the family I am staying with!
A few prayer requests:
1) That I rest.
2) That God opens the door to working with the women. Apparently a law was passed two years ago that made prostitution illegal and so now all the women will be prosecuted (the the buys or the handlers). So everything has gone underground and it’s harder to find them. That said, yesterday I was thinking I haven’t seen the girls and as Michael and I were returning from the local government officials house (which isn’t in the greatest neighborhood) I saw a girl standing outside the house of another person and then two more. I just want God’s hand to open the doors into their hearts when I am ready.
3) That God shows me what to be involved in and what not to be. The opportunities are endless
4) For the woman and her two kids
5) My housing situation – the landlord is asking for a 6 month deposit and that is too much for me
6) Wisdom on 1 or 2 houses and is this the right location (it’s far from everything, but it’s brand new, gated community and has 2 air conditioners that will come with it!)
7) Language - I will be starting lessons if all goes well on the 3rd of January! Right now everything is hard to remember and process so just prayer that it will all come together and flow easily. It’ll mean 5 hours of studying everyday so also just prayer for everything else I need to get done everyday!
Oh and I just wanted to say! I know some people are a little scared on my behalf being here and all but the people here are fabulous and yes it’s a 3rd world country with the issues that are involved with that, but the other day I had my Iphone in my Capri pocket and I didn’t close the button in my rush and it was poking out and a random stranger pointed it out to me before we took off on the motorcycle. Had he waited just 1 minute, it would have fallen and been his. So rest assured, God is taking care of me and He’ll continue to do so! There was another story but I forgot what it was already J